Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Q & A -- Day 16

I am cheating today. Today's post is not really a piece of writing. But I love to answer such arbitrary questions. For my 16th Day, I present to you a few details about myself and my life that you may not want to give a shit about. But well! Here goes nothing !

1. What is something you hate but you wished you loved?
Exercising. I hate to do it and how I wish I loved it. I know at least 2 guys who would prefer exercising as a way to kill time. I am really jealous of these 2 people.
2. Where do you go and what do you do to wind down/relax?
Sit at home, read and relax.
3. If a movie was made about your life, what actor/actress would play you?
Katrina Kaif. We share the same birthday and I wish I was as pretty as her. Also, my life does not have a lot of drama. It will not require a great actress. 
4. If you were a vegetable, what vegetable would you be?
A Tomato
5. If you woke up tomorrow as an animal, what animal would you choose to be?
A migratory Bird
6. If you could live anywhere on this planet, and take anything that you love with you, where would you choose to live?
Githeroon Or Dublin Or any small beautiful town in Europe.
7. Are you where you thought you’d be at this point in your life?
I never gave it so much of a thought but no. I am far behind.
10. What do you think is the best age to get married?
At whatever age you find the right person or maybe whenever you figure out life or when both happen.
11. What is your favorite chewing gum flavor?
I hate gum.
12. What is your dream job?
Travel Journalist or a content writer in a travel channel
13. What was the first thing you bought with your first paycheck?
Diamond earrings for mom.
14. What is one thing you thought existed but it actually doesn’t?
I used to think my toys have life in them and they wake up after I sleep.
15. How’s life?
It can be better.
16. What song do you secretly like but won’t admit it elsewhere?
I will not admit it here as well
17. What’s the earliest memory you have of your life?
Eating wood while my mom was in shower.
18. What is the one thing you can’t do, no matter how hard you try?
Calculate mentally
19. What was the single, best realization you have ever had?
I am married to a wonderful man.
20. What are your three biggest life goals right now?
Write, See the world and earn a lot of money.
21. What’s one song you will never skip on your playlist?
Any song by Mohit Chauhan
22. If you were guaranteed the correct answer to one question, what would you ask?
Do I have it in me to make it big?
23. What product do you think the world could go on without?
Selfie Sticks
24. If one animal was made the size of an elephant, which would be the scariest?
Komodo dragons, cockroaches, mice, house flies – a lot of them
25. What is your most interesting hobby?
Reading. Of course it is interesting.
26. What is one thing you do to get motivated?
Surf Self Improvement Websites
27. What is the worst song lyric you have ever heard?
 Bhagwaan ki daya se Grammy leke aaunga – or something in the same lines by Honey Singh. Actually anything by Honey Singh. I have stopped listening to him. So cannot really pin point much.
28. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Magic Rings
29. What are questions that you don’t like to answer?
How much do you earn?
30. What are you scared of?
Failure. I know it's lame but well!
31. What was your most irrational fear as a child?
That I will drown in the swimming pool
32. What is something you get wrong almost every time you do it?
How much change I am supposed to get back
33. What is something beautiful you see every day?
The moon
34. What things do you do every day that you wish were automated?
Hunt/ Decide about what to wear.
35. What smells make you happy?
Petrichor -- The smell of earth after the rains.
36. What is your favorite word in the English language?
Juxtaposition
37. What is the social event you hate the most?
People dancing to loud music in a dark room. I never get the point of it.
38. If you could visit any fictional town, what would it be?
Godric’s hollow or even Star's hollow. The first is a fictional town where Harry Potter's parents lived and second is a fictional town where the story of Gilmore Girls is set. The familiarity in the names is totally coincidental.

39. What is the craziest thing you’ve seen somebody do at the workplace?
Apparently, a girl was asking fellow colleagues if they have “extra shoes” because hers were broken.
40. What is your current desktop wallpaper?
A picture of beautiful scenery by the lake side.
41. What is the most cliché thing you have done in your life?
Took mathematics; Joined Engineering; Got selected in Campus; became an IT professional
42. What is the word you absolutely hate people for using?
“Today Night” It is “Tonight” people!
43. Give me your deepest, most profound quote you just made up.
Alone is not lonely.
44. Do you “genuinely” think you are attractive?
No way!!
45. When is the last time you cried?
Last to Last Friday
46. What is the most famous person you have ever met?
Some DJ. I forgot his name now. But I got a picture with him. He was damn good looking!
47. What is your “happy” song?
Say Hey by Micahel Franti and Spearhead
48. Do you have something that you find strangely relaxing?
Surfing the net purposelessly
49. What made you smile today?
This colleague’s home internet was not working. He was instructing his wife (rather loudly and in front of every one) on the phone to have a look at it.
Him : Go to the router. Pick it up in your hand.
Another Colleague: And throw it on the ground
This made me laugh – really laugh!
50. What is your “go-to” joke?
 “One is supposed to eat almonds to increase his memory. But who will remind you to eat the almonds?” I say this every time to my husband when he soaks almonds in water. And I laugh every time.
51. What is the worst thing your mom caught you doing as a kid?
Nothing really. I was a pretty obedient child.
52. What simple changes have made your life better?
Daily application of a face mask made of honey and turmeric. It has made my skin better – life; not as such.
53. What incredibly common thing in life terrifies you?
Crossing the road
54. If you had the opportunity to spend a year in another country, where would you go?
Ireland!!
55. What would you do if you had a working time machine?
Go to Jhansi and meet Rani Lakshmi Bai, See the old Delhi and now even the old South of India. Oh and also attend a class at Nalanda and Takshsila.
56. What are your three biggest life goals right now?
Write, see the world and earn shit loads of money
57. What do you think is the ultimate waste of your money?
Tipping
58. What would you do if you had no money?
Beg from my father!
59. What is your favorite three-word sentence?
I did it!
60. What is the funniest movie you have ever seen?
Andaz Apna Apna
61. What is legal that you think should be illegal?
Smoking Cigarettes
62. If you had to live a week without internet, what will you do to keep yourself busy?

Watch Movies and read. Maybe socialize a bit more.

63. What do you think is the best feeling in the world?
Laughing till your stomach hurts and eyes water
64. What is the worst advice you have ever been given?
“Go join that IBM project in Delhi.” Worst Decision ever!
65. What was your turning point to a more active life?
When I decided to “Do it right now!”
66. What is your best piece of advice?
Write everyday, Join writer’s meetup and exercise
67. What is something that you seriously take for granted?
Being physically fit. Having no handicap or ailments. It should be something we should Thank God for. We hardly do.
68. What is your favorite drink?
Water and aam ka panna
69. What is your worst experience in a foreign country?
At the Miami airport, I thought I had given away my bags at the wrong conveyor belt. I kind of created a scene there. My fears were irrational though.
70. What would you do if you could do anything for 8 hours a day for the rest of your life, assuming money were no object?
Travel, write, read and watch movies!!
71. What is the biggest waste of time in your life?
Commuting everyday
72. What is the biggest change you want to make in your life?
Increase my self-esteem. It is so low that I can’t seem to find it.

No comments: