Sunday, April 12, 2015

A crack on the wall --- Day 18

Sakshi: Dude! It’s here again.
Nitika: I am telling you if you scare me like that , I will kill You
Sakshi: Niti I am not kidding … It is here and it is growing.
Nitika Ghansyahm :  Did you see it move?
Sakshi: Yes
Nitika: Tell your parents..
Sakshi: Hmm …

10 mins later

Sakshi : It’s gone
Nitika … It was never there yaa! You are just messing with me.
Sakshi : No! Something here is messing with me. I am telling you it started from that day and it has the same shape.
Nitika : So it was there and it was growing and now it’s not there?
Sakshi: No dude! It’s a blank wall. Like there was no crack ever!
Nitika : Wow! Weird!  Ok stop texting me and try to sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow ok?
Sakshi : I cannot sleep here L
Nitika: Sleep in Mom-Dad’s room?
Sakshi: Naah! I’ll keep the lights on. See you tomorrow.

1 Hour later

Sakshi : Niti
Nitika : Why aren't you sleeping?
Sakshi : Someone is in my room.
Nitika: Who? What? What are you saying?
Sakshi:  There is a lady. Her back is towards me. She seems to be going through my bag Niti … do something please!!! Call my dad.
Niti : Oh My God!! Okay Okay don’t worry! Don’t make a sound. I’ll call your Dad.
 Niti: Your Dad should come to your room in no time. Are you okay? Is she still there? Sakshi! Are you ok?
Niti: Sakshi???
Sakshi: It’s her Niti … It’s the maid.
Niti: The one who is in the news??  Sakshi you are messing with me again.
Sakshi: It’s her …
Niti: Where are you? Has your Dad knocked yet?
Sakshi: I am pretending to sleep. But she turned and I saw her …. And I thought our eyes met and she smiled. But that’s not possible. Is it Niti? She cannot see me … I am hiding... She cannot see me. I am scared Niti …why is she here? Where is Dad?
Niti: He’ll be there soon. You keep talking to me. What do you see now?
Sakshi: She is sitting at the foot of my bed. Oh God.. She is crying. Wailing … Oh Goodness this is terrible.
Niti: Damn Sakshi Sethi! I hope you are not trying to give me a heart attack. I’ll call your father again.
Sakshi: Don’t
Niti: Oh good! Has he come?
Sakshi: He did not. He never comes.
Niti: Where is the lady … the maid I mean? Is she gone? Are you fine?
Sakshi: She came to tell me how she died.  
Niti: Sakshi? Are you okay? You are saying she talked to you?
Sakshi: She has come to take me with her … 
Niti: Sakshi What? Sakshi?

No Answer>

The newspaper headlines

After the mysterious death of a seventeen year old maid in the posh residence of Munniraka,Delhi, the police today found  the dead body of the fifteen year old daughter of the same family. Mr and Mrs Sethi are in a state of shock and unable to give any comments.  There was an unexplained  mark on the forehead of Sakshi Sethi, the deceased, that uncannily resembled the crack on the wall that came up after the maid Shraddha was found hanging on Tuesday evening at Mr and Mrs Sethi’s residence.

*********************************************************************************

I had tried writing a horror piece earlier, but it was actually a dream. So I had the story in mind and all I had to do was give it a structure. That was easy. This is the first time I have tried to actually write horror. Also, this is kind of an inspired piece. The format is from a random internet site that I came across. I will link it if I ever find it again only because it was a BRILLIANT story ( and it was pretty sophisticated with "the person is typing ..." coming every time and one had to click to read the "reply". ) The content however is just my shitty imagination,  If you got even a tiny bit scared, my job here is done! 

See you tomorrow!






1 comment:

Friends Forever said...

story was a regular horror story. Nothing unusual. But a good try. Keep trying. :)