Sunday, April 19, 2015

Of Passions and Fathers -- Day 21

This is a video I came across on Youtube. It is a Coke Studio edition and as all with most of the Coke Studio Songs, I don't understand it completely because it is not fully in Hindi. However, the song in a whole is pretty comprehensible.


Now, firstly the emotion of the song is lovely. It is a conversation between a Father and a Daughter where (roughly translated) the daughter says -- "I am your darling girl and I will never leave your side."

Besides listening to the song, here is what I noticed

1) The expressions on the face of Sachin Sanghvi, the guy in spectacles. The little girl is his daughter and he might as well have held up a board saying "I am SO proud of my daughter right now" Look at the smile and the way his eyes sparkle behind those spectacles. They twinkle like the brightest star in the sky. (Also as a totally unrelated side note -- Sachin Sanghvi is quite cute)

2) Rinku Rajput (On the Piano) and other musicians -- Some have their eyes closed , some are looking at the singers and smiling lightly, some are absolutely immersed in the show.

I always find it very fascinating to see someone work on their passion. Most of the time, one does not have to look beyond.

I remember my father's love for Mathematics. I remember how he would not move an inch if his answer would not come correctly (Which was pretty rare). He would sit there calculating, working, muttering to himself, forgetting the world around him. In other cases when I would go to him with a question, he would look at the question, take 2 minutes, stare at me for a second or two and say, "Is the answer, just check?" and 9.5 out of 10 times, it would match to the tee. He would then snigger like a naughty child and ask me for a pen and a paper to elaborate.

There was this one incident, when I asked him to solve a question for me. As far as my memory serves me, I was too tired from school and other activities and I was not able to concentrate when he tried to explain me the solution. He said, "Go to bed. We will do this tomorrow morning." This was all I was waiting to hear and dashed to my room. When I got up in the morning, clumsy that Mr.Tiwari is, I found my books opened and lying strewn on the table. I went to collect them and what I see is this : Besides that one question that I had asked him to do, he had solved the ENTIRE exercise in my notebook. While I stood their flicking through the pages in amazement, he stood behind me, toothbrush in his mouth and still sniggering like a naughty child. "Have fun", he said. "I have solved everything in the exercise with statements. Come to me if you still don't understand something."

I got a bit carried away. I was talking about doing something that does not make you say, "I don't really feel like doing it" and rather makes you say, "Oh well, I am tired but you know what, I really want to do this." Is this a natural feeling or one makes oneself believe it? How does this passion thing work? I am still trying to figure it all out.

On another side note, Last night I had a reading marathon. I finished a book and a half. It had been ages since I read so furiously. I was up till 4 reading and I although am sure my dark circles will put any Panda bear to shame it was fun -- a lot of fun.


See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Kapil said...

Hi varsha, finding passion is tough but once found life is fun. BTW we know your passion for reading. Keep going. Take Care god bless. :) .