Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hyderabad blues,whites,pinks and lots of different colours!!!

While surfing the net today, I dont know how the word "mansaa" cropped up into my head. It reminded me of a teulgu song which we used to hear on our way to STC. They would have radio mirchi tuned in (Iddhi chala hot guru!!). we could only fret and complain about the incomprehensible telugu songs while any of our demand to tune in to some hindi radio station would be ignored. Most of us would then go to sleep because firstly it used to be really early morning ( 5:30 AM) and secondly it was a long journey. I would however sometime remain awake because there used to be an Air Force academy on our way to STC and I would wait if by chance I could set my eyes on an air force officer :)
Thinking back, Hyderabad days were like the bestest days of my life. It was so fun and good! We lived in this fantastic flat at a fantastic location and friends would stay just around the neighbourhood. By friends I ofcourse mean only Kari because others were just "ppl i knew". Both of us were links to our common group of friends and I loved her!! I loved to be with her!
The most amazing part of my stay in Hyd was definitely Sindhi Colony. There is no better happening place in this world other than sindhi colony. The streets were so full of life. Oh I still remember the sandwhiches, the pav bhaji, belgium dark chocolate ice creme and the paani poori in front of fresh!
Fresh!!! God!!!! Mr. Fresh! The guy I had a huge,maha,gigantic crush on. The person who made me realize what it means to go weak on the knees! and no ... he did not work in fresh. I would always see him either there or in the vicinity of fresh! God!! He was SUCH a DUDE!!!!
All us girls would so enjoy in our flat. Fun and laughter were a part of our daily lives. Some time even a little tension was but there were never an complaints. I loved each and every moment of my life in hyderabad.
I can only thank God for giving me such a wonderful tenure in a wonderful city!!!
and by the way .. here's to the song that brought back all the sweet memories!
Mansaa !!!! (Whatever it means though! :) )
Hyderabad rocks!!!! :)

No comments: