Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Singular life

I wish I could feed this statement to people's head that just because my roommate is married or any of my friend is married ... does not make a necessary and important condition for me to get married. I mean ...ok ..ask me "Varsha. when r u planning to get married?" Dont ask me "So & So ki to shadi ho gayi ...ab teri kab ho rahi hai ?" Dude .. I was not waiting for ms. So & So to get married so that I could go ahead. Why do people ask such irritating questions anyway??
Also, with all the confusions in my mind pertaining to love and marriage, filhaal i am happy being single. And the best part of being single? Maybe that you are much at peace with yourself. You dont worry about somebody else and you don't feel guilty about being selfish. You are not overtly possessive or protective about anyone else. To put it in the words of Cameron Diaz from "what happens in Vegas" ... There is no one else to please but myself!! :)
I mean ... its another thing to be with some one. That's a happiness on another level. Even the sadness is welcomed then. The tears are precious because they are shed for the person you hold the most important. The smiles are priceless because he/she will do anything to see you smile.
Right now, I cry for myself and smile for myself and since there is no one else ... I console myself because I like to see myself smile too :)
Whatever it be ... I hope people stop asking me questions which are capable of blowing my handle!

No comments: