Thursday, September 15, 2011

No open letters .. Humanity rocks!!!

So the latest trend is the the recent blog by Shahana (absolutely wonderful name by the way) bashing delhi guys. The lady went a little over the top in being rude, included moms dads, religious sentiments, partition history and over all managed to bring upon herself a lot of appreciation as well as criticism. People on her site have started a virtual war about the great north Indian and south Indian divide. As if we do not have enough divides to think about -- Men/Women, Hindu/Muslim, Gay/Straight, India/Pakistan -- Do we really need more classifications really? I mean we have to give Shahana a little benefit of doubt. She must have actually been through a lot to have written something so harsh on a public platform. Yes, if you make your blog public, then it no longer remains just an "Online Diary" and you cannot say "My Blog! I will write what I want to!" . You cannot rant about an entire community, just because you met a few jerks. Anyway, I am not writing this on her site because she is already being bashed by some 2k odd people, some even calling her names. Well! Thats easy for people -- oh its a girl! We can always call her dirty names, target her character just because she pissed us off, and get away with it! Sad I have to say (A classic example of the gender divide).
Coming back to the classifications, will we ever stop dividing our own selves? Seriously! When will we just start considering ourselves as individuals? Just people with good heart and sentiments? Why north Indian and South Indians?? Why not just Indians???? I am from Bhopal. What shall I call myself? Central Indian?? I have lived in both the north and south part of the country. I am friends with Delhi-ites,north indians, south indians and all!
In Bangalore and even in my 10 month stint in hyderabad, I have come across some amazing "South Indians"... and seriously,they are my friends only because they are WONDERFUL people and I love them and not because they come from a particular region of the country! North, south, central,north east does not matter. Hindu, Muslim, Christian does not matter. Gay/Straight does not matter. At the end, only being a nice human being matters. I would want to give a reference of "My Name is Khan" here. I loved it when Zarina Wahab makes 2 stick figure and explains a young SRK, there are only 2 kinds of people in this world. Good and Bad. Trust me this is the only thing I an going to teach my children.

Love rules!! May there be lots of love in this world!!

No comments: