Thursday, September 15, 2011

Aur Batao!!

This is what two absolutely bored people ask each other when they have nothing else to do with their lives.Recently , while talking to a friend, he told me how irritating he finds these two words and how he prefers to close the conversation when the other party says "Aur Batao". Now I have always been the “talkative one”. Rest assured, if you are a quite person and its just me and you who are out, chances are that you may not have to worry about how the conversation is going to be. You see, the problem is that when some ones tells me to “aur batao”, somehow I feel a heavy responsibility on my shoulders to steer the conversation. So, there have been times when people have told me to “aur batao” and then they never got a chance to utter another word. There was this one incident when Nikhil passed my desk and casually told me, “Aur Varsha! Kya chal raha hai” There was no conversation after that. Because conversation is when 2 people talk. When just one person talks, its called monologue. And that’s what happened after the question Nikhil posed me. There was an endless monologue by yours truly ofcourse! And the poor guy could just at the end give a finishing line … “Chalo, see you around!” Then there was another poor friend yesterday who had difficulty in fitting his lines “Varsha, I have started to drive. Can we talk tomorrow” between my blabber.

My mom once asked me a very profound, deep question. Something which worries her a lot. “Beta, Don’t you EVER get tired of talking??? “ And I had a bright NO for an answer. You see!! I never get tired of talking. Probably the very reason that I came back home with notes in my diary, “Varsha Tiwari disturbs her fellow students!!” So I ALWAYS have an answer for all the “Aur Bataosss”. But you know what has been my torturous best? When I tell people to "Aur Batao" and without a pause I start "Aur Batao"-ing them. Poor Prabhjot is the BIGGEST victim of that!! Sometimes, I have so much to say, that I start interrupting people. I know! An extremely bad habit. Something which I HAVE to change. But its like the words refuse to stay inside my mouth. So much so that, they come out even when I am sleeping. There you have it people! My biggest secret .. Yes .. I talk in my sleep!!! My poor roommates! All of them have a story of how they discovered I sleep talk. So Neha tells me, I was scared and surprised and Ambika tells me, “I thought you were talking to someone on phone and I was surprised only to realize you were sleep talking!”

But then, with so much to say, I would wish God the same thing which Rajesh Khanna wished in Anand, “Bohot boloon, Par acha boloon. Kabhi kisi ke liye kuch bura na nikle mere mooh se” Very saint-ly I know. But its better than hurting people and getting in trouble.

May there be lots of love in this world!!

1 comment:

Target Achiever said...

I Used 5-7 free minutes from my lecture to read it. I Found it interesting.
:)