Monday, February 28, 2011

A Day Away From Civilization ...

For some time now, the travel-and-exlpore-new-places bug has bitten me big time. And hence i never miss a chance to see any place i am offered to visit. So when Vibha asked me if i wanted to go to Jim Corbett, i replied in affirmative. But honestly, I didn't know what to expect when i would hear "Jim Corbett". Vibha told me that we would be living right in the middle of the jungles, but then all my unimaginative mind would see was a brown colured room and hear the roar of a tiger. But I knew that I was going to have fun.
Jim Corbett was the closest to nature i could get. And for the first time i realized how really beautiful nature is. How things work for themselves in perfect unison. There was silence all around .. and it was peaceful. As we went deeper and deeper in the forest , there were trees which bent towards the sun to take in the sunlight. So beautifully were they bowed down, that they looked more like soldiers bowing down in respect to welcome the guests in the kingdom of their king. We missed seeing His Highness the tiger, which was a pity. But we did get to see different animals and birds and plants. It was a totally different experience.
But the best part were two unforgettable scenes in my mind. While we were heading towards dinner, it was dark! Dark like you had closed your eyes. Dark which could scare the hell out of anybody especially since it was a new place. While I was cursing myself as to why i did not consider the darkness while deciding the time for dinner, I happened to look up. And there it was! The most magnificent night sky ever! Stars sprinkled across the sky ,it was nothing like i had ever seen before. There was no patch left where i could see an empty sky! So this was what the sky actually looked like in a beautiful night. I wonder how limitless the beauty would be, had there been a full moon. Unfortunately, an excruciating pain in my leg stopped me from sitting out and soak in the beyond words gorgeous sky nature had put up for us to enjoy. But the scene i still clear in front of me.
The next breath taking scene came up just the next morning. I always had a dream, a vision of me sitting in front of a beautiful porch, looking across the mountain and a calm sea and clouds floating around. God blessed me with the fortune of experiencing just that. I stepped outside my room not expecting anything. Opening the doors out of sheer habit. The next few moments, sipping tea, taking in the most beautiful morning of my life ever, I am sure i was being rewarded by God with a good life. Because I was in living my imagination! I was living my dream. So now my checklist goes --waking up to an out of the world enchanting morning on a hill station --check!!
Vibha asked me to rate this trip ..i said that unless i was done with all the trips of my life, i could not say that this was a perfect 10 .. greedy that I am!!
I can yet say that these two days were till now the most beautiful days of my life. I experienced just the thing ---away from the maddening crowd, no phones , no contact ... just the elusive peace, calm and tranquility!
May I have more such days and more new experiences!

No comments: