Thursday, February 24, 2011

The other realm

I wanted to name my blog "The other realm". Unfortunately Blogspot did not like it. Kept giving me error messages. So i have changed it to varshvani now. By the way "other realm" was Sabrina the teenage witch's magic world. Its way was through their closet. I as a little girl was thrilled to see how they would go to another universe through a closet. I have been a sucker of fantasy stories all my life. Enid Blyton's books were the best thing which could have happened to me in my childhood. It introduced me to the world of far-away tree, pin village and wishing chair! Pin Village was called so because it was as neat as a pin. It had its way through the darkest green patch of the lawn where it would go down to this impeccably neat and clean village. Far Away tree was a tree in the enchanted forest. It was the tallest tree ... so tall that you could not see where it would end. It would merge somewhere in the clouds. The top of the faraway tree would have a new land everyday. The land of gifts, the land of Birthday parties, The land of topsy turvy, The land of 3 wise men, The land of dreams and so many more!
I still remember these books more than I remember intellectuals like Train to Pakistan or Lajja. I still can and would prefer reading them any given day. I would love to be transported. I would love to find my own secret land... sliding through through the rainbows , passing the clouds ... or enter a magical land through a most ordinary looking door.
I may sound silly and so unrealistic ... and thats the pity. I wish it WAS NOT unrealistic and silly!

No comments: