Sunday, November 14, 2010

PDA Debate

Okayyyy!! Its is children's day today. But we are not here to talk about them. what are we here to talk about? Actually I have no idea. I was getting dead bored in office and right now i am writing without thinking.

Alright. Here is an incident which i wanted to write about. Nothing to do with me. It was just a normal day when i was cooking stuffed capsicums for my roommates. The onions were extremely strong and a single cut through them brought tears to my eyes. Engrossed while i was in my onions, tears and mucus , i saw car lights stopping in front of my PG. Expecting it to be Vibha, i looked up and saw a couple getting out. Now i should not have seen them but by the time i could process this fact and get my manners straight, there they were hugging and kissing each other ... right in the middle of quite a decently busy road. Now should I have uff-ed and hau-ed about the whole incident? Should i have gone and told (read gossiped) about them with my friends? Honestly, my first reaction was ummmm ........ ok .... actually sweet!
The cumbersome recipe of stuffed capsicums made me forget about the whole incident and somehow i did not really feel the need to gossip about it to anybody. They were strangers whose faces i could not even see and secondly i am no moral science teacher. But had i talked about this to anyone i am sure the first point which would have been raise would be "how cheap! or why don't they do this behind close doors" .
Point taken. But ...i know it looks cheap when you are a third person looking .. but for the couple they are in love. For them probably the world does not exist.
Of course there has to be a decorum. Maybe the couple outside my window could have played it down a notch. Maybe a peck on the cheek or kiss on the forehead would have been sweet. But then i am nobody at all to tell people how should they behave.
Somehow i am not in total disagreement with PDA if as i said it is in standards and decorum.
May there be lots of love in the world .. :)

No comments: