Monday, November 15, 2010

From me to you ...

In some of my previous blog, I talked about how music is linked with our daily lives. I was listening to one of the latest songs a few days ago and i was struck by the lyrics. The first thought that came to my mind was ,how sweet would it be if some one would say these things to me. Yes ..yes .. I am still foolishly romantic. (Sigh!!) Then came the list!! And so here is the list of five songs i would want someone to dedicate to me. Yes I am being selfish and sometime later i promise i will think anout what songs i should dedicate to "him" but as of now this is my part of the story.

1) Tumse he Tumse har baat from Anjaana Anjaani.

This song starts with Ranbir realizing that he is in love with Priyanka. I totally loooooved the way he looks at her. But more than the situation of the songs notice the lyrics :
ab se koi khushi nahi
jiski tum wajah nahi
ab se koi din nahi
jiski tum subah nahi
ab se koi baat nahi
jo tumse na hogi shuru
ab se koi raah nahi
jo tum sang mein na mudhoon
abhi ke bhi yeh ho gaya ykeen
yeh zindagi meri ho gayee teri
tumse hi tumse har baat
har baat hai
jab tum ho saath
tumse hi tumse har baat
har baat hai
jab tum ho saath

It talks about how the much he is going to love her and how much she is going to be involved in his life. Sweet. right? and this is the very song i was talking about in the beginning of the blog.

2) Next song I have already posted on this site. "Jab mila tu". Its lyrics talk about how fun it is going to be being together.

Khaali jo raat ho, main khwabon chaand taaron se woh poori bar doon
Teri jo baat ho, main bin kahe hi aadhi pauni poori kar doon
Jo aadhe se hum hain, woh poore ho tumse
Na jaane yeh sauda bhi kab tay huya
Adhoore se kisse, barabar ke hisse
Tu dil to main dua

I especially love the line "Teri jo baat ho, main bin kahe hi aadhi pauni poori kar doon". Thats how deeply we will know each other that.

3) The third song is all the more special because John has sung it on screen. It is from Babul. "Bebasi dard ka alam". This song has now been forgotten by the world but it has beautiful lyrics and moreover beautiful promises.

Bheegi palkon se churaa loonga nami
Rehne doonga na kahin koi kami
Tumko daaman na bheego ne doonga
Ab kabhi tumko na rone doonga
Uljhane gham ki parchhaayi
De do mujhe apni tanhaayi
Gumnaamiyan bhi do, nakaamiyan bhi do
Viraaniyan bhi de do de do naa

The lyrics say it all and i dont need to say anything further other than "God!! Mujhe ye sab bolne wala kab aayega???"

4) Yes i know i am not beautiful. I see that everyday in the mirror. So probably somebody who will dedicate the next song to me would be a fool (or foolishly in love ) and i would not believe it. But somehow i still would want him to say this to me.

Oh her eyes, her eyes
Make the stars look like they're not shining
Her hair, her hair
Falls perfectly without her trying
She's so beautiful
And I tell her every day
Yeah I know, I know
When I compliment her
She wont believe me
And its so, its so
Sad to think she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me do I look okay
I say
When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

5) The fifth song .. I am not really sure. There were basically these 4 songs in my mind when i started writing this piece. But since I have to make it a top five list maybe "jab koi baat bigad jaye" I have loved this song since i dont remember how long and it talks about the promises a couple make to each other.

Till then as i said earlier ... May there be abundance of love in this world :)

No comments: