Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The little good things in life ...



Among all the stress, the work load and the reluctance to work, I witnessed an unussual incident at work yesterday. Lunch in Target is a fun deal. There is Veg, Non-Veg, Chinese, Indian and Rolls! The best part is , all of it is free. The taste however is a different story. They display the food with plates and menus at the side. For a yet another corporate company, it is pretty good.

So when yesterday, like every other day, we were deciding which cuisine to choose, one person was talking to a friend way too loudly, reading every item on all the menus.

"Cauliflower, Rice, Rotis, Radish Rasam .... Oh there is Gulaab jamum in GMR. Lets go there!"

Shilpa and I looked at each other. We smiled the "who is this moron" smile, shrugged and left. While Shilpa went to one caterer, I followed the noisy man and his friend.

After a minute or so, Noisy man told his friend "You want another spoon of the curry?" The friend nodded in a no. Noisy man dragged his friend's plate while carrying his own in his hand. Something was not run of the mill here.

They moved to the rice section. Noisy man said. "I have put one and a half spoon of rice. Do you want more?" The friend nodded in a yes this time.

"Next we have black dal. Do you want that?"

I could not control my curiosity. I peeked in just so carefully.

The "friend" was blind.

Suddenly, Noisy man was a sensitive, helping friend and I was the moron. I couldn't help smiling to myself.

May there be lots of love in the world.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well this brings back memories of when I was in Trivandrum. We had an Instructor who was visually impaired. Let me tell you something , I do not know one person who has inspired me more than him. He operated a computer. Went to the correct folders sometimes 10 folders inside. Used PPTs for his sessions and remembered every slide . That was when I realized may be our eyes are really a blessing.

Unknown said...

Exactly! These people are such inspirations! They help you realize how blessed are we! :)