Saturday, October 19, 2013

Bit by Bit


I stand tonight
like every other night
wearing the brightest of my clothes
pulling down my blouse
showing a bit extra

He touches me, and I squirm
He smiles, comes closer
reeking of cheap alcohol
but.. It was I who called him

I smile, brighter than my dress
I lure , I talk
inside I scream
I hope and pray that he does not stop

But sometimes I pray that he does
and He goes back happy and staisfied
So that he pays me well
Atleast I can buy more than just food

I wish I earned enough to buy more
I wish I could buy happiness
I wish I could buy peace and respect ...and maybe dignity

I stand tonight
like every other night
getting judged, gawked upon, stared at
by the "good people"

This is my work .. I tell them
Atleast I don't beg and cheat, I tell them
Atleast I don't kill,
Though my soul dies ..
bit by bit ...Everyday


4 comments:

deeptesh said...

Where did this come from ??? Good one dude

Unknown said...

There is a sort of brothel near my office ....Thank You :)

Mon.Esprit said...

Beautiful poem - a little cliched, but still a wonderful read.

Unknown said...

Thank You Abhra. Welcome to the blog. Maybe I will take care about the cliched part in my next post. Thank you for pointing that out.