Sunday, October 27, 2013

Shine bright like a diamond!

Rockstar, aka Saviseh was playing at Legend of rocks today at Kormangla. For the uninitiated, Saviseh works with me in Target and is an amazing self-taught drummer. I went to see him play but unfortunately the place was too crowded for us to even stand. Eventually, I entered to wave a quick Hi to him and then moved out. So I must have been there for 10 seconds and fortunately managed to catch hold of rock star’s attention. In those ten seconds, I could see how much he was enjoying himself while playing his drums. In fact, it is a lot of fun even seeing him while he talks about his drums, his set up and all the music jargon. His eyes sparkle, his energy goes a notch higher and a tiny smile plays along his lips. That man defines passion for his art.

Sadly, passion is a very over used and over abused word. One should be really careful when to use it. It is a beautiful word and it is an even wonderful feeling. I can still not say that writing is my passion. I enjoy it immensely, yes! But I am still scared to call it my passion. Many times I don’t feel like writing. May times, I don’t understand what to write about. Many times, I have to push myself to write and more often than not, I come up with ill standard content. Should I then, still call writing my passion? May be passion is also developed, slowly and steadily. I have never spoken to Rock star about how much did he work on his drumming skills and seriously looking at him play for even the shortest span gave me such a high that maybe I will talk to him at length about his passion.

I am definitely happy about one thing, though. My writing is going one step ahead. As of now I am doing dry freelancing content with not an iota of imagination, but it still gives me a satisfaction. It gives me a sanctuary to hide in. It gives me an assurance that I will not forever be stuck in the IT world, which may sure be my bread and butter but it sure is not something I really am in love with. I still have to go a long way in writing. I have to reach a certain standard which, right now , does not seem too far-fetched but looks like a huge amount of hard work.

Even Sachin Tendulkar slogged. Just having a skill is not enough. Then of course I cannot complain. Someday, even my eyes will light up like Rock star’s, while I write, every single time and that day I would declare to the world that writing is indeed my passion.

Here is a parting question. What will make you excited enough to not snooze that alarm or make you stay up without a single trace of fatigue? What makes your eyes light up?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool is that to have a Rockstar friend!!!

Unknown said...

oh he is amazing and he is an IIM graduate! Can you beat that!