Saturday, July 2, 2011

Turning 26

Eons ago was the time when i had last posted something on my blog! Its been crazy. Target finally decided to keep me busy and how! Time flies once I reach office and the next thing i know is it is the end of the day. But I always keep reminding myself that I am loving it. I have always loved keeping myself superbusy. Probably its my devilish mind which I want to ignore or probably I just love the feeling which I call as "Pillow Hit" which means going to sleep as soon as I hit the pillow. Whatever it is I love engrossing myself in work. People do feel it is weird though!
Its my birthday very soon and I'll be turning 26. Crossed the 25 threshold. Somehow, now that I am putting it in words, I am feeling very matured and grown up. But I strongly believe that your mind has no age and a person is as old as his mind. Oh Well!! I have to keep consoling myself with some words now that I am just 4 years shy of joining the 30 club. I am doing atleast one thing right these days! I am exercising a lot and I am loving it. 26 years of my life and atleast I have learnt one lesson ... Learn from everyone you meet. Sometimes some people you meet are also examples of what a person should NOT be. But I am thankful to God that he has always send extremely wonderful people towards me. So be it anyone who has walked in my life, I have grown a lot with them. So maybe age is really just a number. You can decide to be mature and childlike or bore and childish. I have decided to choose the former and thats the "phase" I am staying in forever. Mature and childlike. The age may keep incrementing. It would really does not matter.
Turning 26 brings one more package. I am, for some orthodox thinkers, way past my marriage age. Although for some , I am at the perfect age to get married. Now here are my thoughts on marriage :
People want me to get married because they want me to "settle down".Ok!! Although I seriously dont see the reason why? Is everyone not tired and bored of the same routine after marriage? So why would I want to go in a boring routine deliberately?

People say get married because you have a secured future. Thank you very much but I am working my ass off all alone to get just that for myself. Why should I get married to a person for a selfish reason -- "MY secured future????" As I said earlier, its MY future and I will secure it myself.

People say get married because you will have a companion for a lifetime. Fair enough! Lets first see who a companion should be? Basic answer .. somebody with whom I can feel my best and enjoy his company. I may "settle down" for this reason, but then this "companion" should be just that. Somebody who can be my best friend and I can enjoy his company. ALL MY LIFE. But what if ,God forbids, my "companion" is a person who is all wrong? Is marriage worth risking all your dreams, your entire individuality and your future???

Please dont get me wrong. I am not against an allaince. But then as one of my friend puts it, a relationship should help you grow. If it is stagnating you or making you sad then its is not worth the trouble.

Also, people say get married because. "log kya kahenge". For that , i would like to quote 1 scentence I read somwhere and fell in love with instantly -- "What others think of me is none of my business!" :) :)

Yes I am 26. No I am not against marriage. I am only against giving it all up for a man who is not worth it. But if I do find "the one" I am all for marriage. Probably with all the excitement that there is! Till then its not a bad idea to explore the world and life, is it??

6 comments:

ankita said...

AhAn aHan....ItZ HigHt tYm vArshA TiWari sHuD GeT On WtH WrItInG An aUtObIoGraPhY...:) LuV ReAdInG Ya sWtHrT..WhY DnT u WRiTe oFtEn? LuV ya...mIss U...:(

Vrushali said...

very well written :)

Unknown said...

@Ankita : thnk u sweety!! I write whenever I get time & idea. Aisa hamesha nahi ho pata. :)
@ vrush: thank u :) :)

Sundeep Yadav said...

This one is BEST, I think I have said this earlier also ;)

Unknown said...

Thank You so much Sundeep :) :)

Lisamaria said...

26 is an amazing age. Marriage comes when it comes. After you've married it feels like it never wasn't. A great mind has to know something is special before they panic because of an age. You always see yourself so youthful and clueless 10 years ago. Be happy and let nature take it's course.