Monday, April 25, 2011

The 100th ...

This is my 100th post!!! So firstly congratulations to me!!! :) :)

And now to my thoughts ....
However confused I may be over the topic of marriage, I am certain about one thing. There is an excitement of starting a new life from the scratch. Lots of my friends have been married of-late and somehow, I always seem to share their excitement of searching a new house, settling down, buying the basics, new curtains, beds, bedsheets ... somehow its very refreshing. Tiring indeed ... but it fills you with a feeling of hope and happiness.
Its the fun of decorating a new house, calling it home, making your own comfort zone and sharing your life with somebody you really want to. But thats where the real complication starts. This setting up a new house can be fun only when two people come together because they wanted to and not because their parents and "society" wanted them to .
Actually more than the marriage thing, its more of decorating the house, shopping for new, stylish interiors which makes it so tempting. I remember wanting my own room in Bangalore just so that I could decorate it all according to my choice( had thought of giving it a blue theme) That unfortunately could not happen, but well, I'll still wait for the time when I get to convert a house into home, decorate it with beautiful paintings and props. That ...then would be my home :)

3 comments:

Vibzz said...

Till the time your dream comes true, you can experiment with my house.

Unknown said...

Thank You for the offer :)

Isha said...

blue theme! take mine ;)