Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hic! Hic! Hurray!!!

Sunday morning in office is so not cool. It is cool because there are not many people bothering you but it is still so painful to come to office on a sunday. I wish, once i am in target, things change and i get a normal life. I also wish that once in target, i get an onsite chance ASAP. You know what is real cool about joining a product based company? The fact that i will be in the company and work for the same company. Like when i Satyam i worked for IBM and when I came to IBM, I started working for Bharti. But when I will be in Target, I will work for Target! This way, my philosphy, " company is as good as the project" will merge. Because the company and project would be same. Ok Fine you get the idea. I want to keep myself up and hence i am ranting and writing. Basically why and what i came here to write is this. I came across a picture which had a homeless man holding up a placard saying "Why Lie .. I want a beer" and the first thought in my mind was ... this is a "homeless" man. He probably owns just one pair of clothes, not sure if he manages even a single square of meal and basically has no money. In this grim situation he says "Why Lie .. I want a beer" !! I mean what is it about alcohol and beer anyway? I have tasted alcohol and it does not taste good. Period! you never eat a dish which tastes disgusting then why oh why is the world crazy after alcohol? Is it the head rush? Maybe it is the head rush.
Now let me tell you something about head rushes! It is so not a feeling you can love. No! trust me! It feels like there is an earthquake inside your head. Now when i had a head rush, it was a very mild form and i could understand what was i speaking and what were others speaking. But the mild form felt like Santa claus's south pole workshop on the day of Christmas eve! like little elves running around here and there and shouting and there is clamour all around and all you want is some peace and you get none. Now i would not want such a hotch potch inside my head. Ever! So why are people still crazy for alcohol? Maybe I would never understand that.
But to all those people who drink, someone once told me "Drinking should always be in class and control quantity" I think that should be the mantra.
I remember we had an office party and boys as always went crazy after the "free" alcohol. (Alcohol is enough to make them mad and then the word free attached with it makes them go berserk!) 2 of my colleagues were so heavily drunk that my manager was later heard saying that he was ashamed to have such people in his team. A check over class and quantity comes in handy for situation like these. and then there is this other guy i know. I have asked him many times but he never tells me his secret. He can hold his drink so good, that you actually doubt if he is drunk at all. But he is crazy. He only has alcohol pictures on his fb. Still he has a class which atleast does not qualify him under the category of manager embarrassing colleagues.
I'll come back for more..writing. Till then ...hic!hic! hurray!!! :)

No comments: