Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Confessions of a shopholic!

I dont know when did the shopping bug bite me. I remember how I used to hate shopping. Actually I would hate the confusion and the indecisiveness which came attached to it. So much so that I would never ever shop for my own birthday. Also I was never largely fond of getting dressed up while I was in Bhopal. I would go out to buy something only when I badly needed some dress like when I was growing up in height and hence growing out of my clothes. Till Hyderabad I never had two bags. I never thought about buying one. Even in early Delhi years in fact I never had options for foot wears. I would consider buying these things only when the sole piece which I would own would turn into tatters.
I would buy a lot of t-shirts from Hyd so that it would go with the only pair of jeans I owned. So buying T-shirts/tops started from Hyderabad. I remember the first official shopping spree I went on with Deepika. I was really out of clothes and ended up shopping for around 5k at the City Centre.
But I turned into a shopohloic/shopping maniac when I came to Delhi. I dont exactly remember the series of events which made me one. Probably Neha's fetish for dressing up perfectly rubbed off into me. Slowly I started shopping for more and more and more and now I actually enjoy myself when I dress up and buy stuff. Not only dresses but shoes, bags and soon maybe I may foray into accessories :P :P.
I believe you become a professional shopper when You go shopping when you are alone and you go shopping when you are bored and you go shopping when you are with your friends, are enjoying yourself and had shopped just a day ago. In short it is the only thing you can think of as a source of entertainment.
Now I walk in malls in a state of trance, busy looking everywhere, searching for that perfect store , searching for ideas to mix and match. I have gone as a lonely shopper quite a few times now and ended up getting some decent stuff! First I used to rely a lot on people's opinion. I still do. But now I have gained enough confidence to get something good for me without much help.
After every shopping I promise myself that this will be my last one but somehow it is like this chain reaction which never stops. I still actually have a few dresses in my wardrobe which are still intact with their tag on!
I completely identify with Becky Bloomwood !!

No comments: