Monday, March 4, 2013

Coffee with the 5



Its a mad roller coaster with the five, famously known as the Army. Who you ask? the 6 group-ed girl gang! We are definitely a handful. We talk endlessly, we laugh, sometimes too uproariously unfitting for girls and we make every moment memorable. We rag! Oh we rag! (Under the captaincy of D and D) You are not allowed a single mistake or a goof up in the Army! You missed to call some one for coffee? God save you! You were seen with a guy others don't know about? Sorry! You are dead never to be resurrected again. Your stories would be told to generations to come.

I have performed a sacrilege of such! I made a mistake of considering no bounds and eating a mango as if it was the last one in the entire milky way! I was clicked and laughed at! Its remembered till now and as I said, it will be remembered till eons to come. Maybe in the next life, when I will try my best to remind Deepa that I am the same Varsha she worked in Target with in her past life, she will shove a mango in front of my face and say, "Eat this and only then will I identify you"

Unfortunately the sweetest one is ragged the most. Swathi with her eternal beauty and wonderful doubts finds herself at the receiving end of many of our jokes. We love her! She is the best. The only problem is that she does not know that. She does not know that she is prettier than the actress in KO (btw , have you seen the movie KO?? :D :D) She does not know that she makes heads turn (ok maybe not as much as a certain "NEAT") but she has her own count! And she smiles sweetly through all the fun and leg pulling. But Shilpa has a record of her own, She has girls swooning over her as well!! Another one who smiles sweetly, talks sweetly and is actually incapable of getting angry is Piyu. But this one knows how to have fun! Ask me! My bachelorette party was the most memorable EVER, thanks to the inquisitive one here! I was asked questions that made me blush and turn me in all the hues existing in the universe of pinks and blues and as usual, others joined the party and had fun. Like always of course!

We have created scenes in restaurants, have made people look at us while nodding their heads, rolling our eyes mouthing, "Women!!". Pradeep, the ex manager still does that! I am sure many in the Target office do that. They cannot really help it. These days, we work. Of course we do. But when we don't, we go to someone's place , make noise, drag her to the washroom or upstairs for coffee and make some more noise. What else do you expect when you have 6 young, healthy, women come together!!

We follow traditions ... of the group that is. After a serious discussion is over, it is mandatory for someone to ask, "Who?, What?". When there are "Girl discussions" there are parts to be played. First, Impart the knowledge. Mostly the married females in the gang are responsible for that. Second, someone keeps an eye at the men around. So that no one has the faintest idea about what we are talking about. Third, Swathi has to be explained everything ... again. (Yes! ragging her is too addictive to lose a chance even in my blog!) In between, there is laughter loud enough to shatter the foundation of the Target C2 buildings and of course there is a fourth step, a cross verification over the net. Everyone participates in the last step equally.

When I came to Bangalore from Delhi, I had come with no expectations. But I found more than what I would have expected. The army is a major part of it. Life in Target would have been dull without them. I would have been lunching with boring team members, like Piyu had to, before she pinged me one day and said, "Please call me for lunch when you guys go". Yes you come alone and you go alone in this world. You meet people. They come and go in your lives. The six of us are not joined by the hip. Eventually, we will go on our own ways. But when maybe after 15 years I will call any one of them, or all of them, we will just pick up from where we left. We will still disturb people, rag each other mercilessly, or just not say anything at all understanding that silences in true friendship does not always need to be filled with words.

Let there be lots of love in the world!!

1 comment:

Deepu Thomas said...

This was a very enjoyable read. And ..Yes...She is prettier than the actress in KO, she does make heads turn :-)