Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The battle of Egos

Human Beings -- We are , for the lack of a better word, strange. We fight over petty issues. We take each other's lives to just prove a point. Who stops to realize that the only thing we think about is our ego? That when a person fights for "My God' there is only a 'My'  and hardly any 'God'? Sometimes I think we are nothing but masses of ego as delicate as glass, moving around, craving to be pleased , to be bloated in self-righteousness. One strike of disagreement and the glass shatters, causing destruction in its wake but primarily, destroying itself.

I am not a very politically aware person. But what I see is individuals fighting for power -- to enjoy it, to take advantage and relish in it. I would love to be directed to a leader, who takes the podium because he has dreams for a country, that he wants to selflessly pursue. Closer home, I see a lot of "leaders" in a professional set-up who take decisions for their own personal gain, not realising that they impact scores and scores of careers. I wonder, do they really stop and think , "How will this decision bebefit my people?" Or are they really stuck to "How will this decision benefit me?"
I wonder what will I do as a leader. Up until now, I have always shied away from taking responsibilities as a leader -- the power of impacting lives is overwhelming. Incidentally, this is not how others think.

I do not have a point to proove here. Or maybe, what I am trying to say is that all of us are selfish to the core. Good or Bad? No. One cannot look for black and white under a gray sky. Each situation demands a different resonse -- but,  where is that thin lne between "thinking about your well-being" and "being selfish". And should we care? Should we collect the "Is" and the "MYs" and the "Mines" of our lives and live happily? I don't know. Someday, I hope to have an answer.



No comments: