Friday, July 31, 2015

After the lull -- Or was it a storm!

Life happens -- with all of us. Some people juggle like crazy sorcerers. Really guys, how do you do it? Did Minerva McGonagall give you a time turner too? I go crazy. So the last few months were maddening ! There was office and more office and so much more of office. Leaving home at 8 and coming back at 10 , only to login again had become a daily routine. And then there was ThatElegantChic. You know who she is ..don't you? If you haven't then you must visit her -- here. It is a start up venture that a friend and I have put up with a lot of love and excitement. Of course I am just the writer/editor there and the friend is the real "face" of it -- but I love being a part of it. It has its own perks! and it has it's own work. Although she does the most of it and I cannot take away that credit from her, TEC is one more reason that takes up my time and I don't complain.Going back to office, here is a surprising thing -- I loved what I was doing. I loved getting into issues , developing a complicated logic and getting output out of it. Maybe IT has finally sucked me in. Unfortunately, writing suffered -- to a large large extent. I wanted to quit engineering and become a full time writer. Today  I have quit writing and become a full time Engineer.

And even if I don't know anything in my life, or about my life, I know one thing for sure. I don't want to be "that IT person". The ones that Ambika and I used to talk about -- the ones that are too lost to look beyond their codes , the ones who limit their circle of life in the loop of their ID tags. I remember slightly bloating up with pride when Ambika told me , "You are not like the usual IT guys." Yes I was not , and I hope I am not.

So I know I am not "that" IT person, but what kind of a writer am I? What are the kind of writers? Am I a writer? I mean, I write my heart out and I love to do so. But I am so far away from being good that a look at the long road ahead of me is enough to tire me. And that bogs me down -- sends me reeling far away from my pen and paper.

 I attended the writer's meet up recently when I had a chance. I hated the topic. Pick up a known hero, a known villain , a random genre , throw everything together and make up a story. Please! Somehow, I am not a fan of fan fiction. Anyway. I came up with such a crappy (unfinished) story that I never wanted to go to the meet up again. My hero was Andrei Androfski , Villain was the Joker and the genre was Magical realism. To begin with, I did not have a slightest idea about Andrei Androfski. Anyway -- as I said, I came up with crap. There were others of course who wrote brilliant pieces as usual. Pavan , in particular, like always came up with a fantastic piece and Nitish, the MIT scientist came up with a rap for God's sake. How do these people ace it every single time? Does being a writer means that you come up with awesome stories? Because speaking of stories, I have never come up with an awesome story -- you know , something like, a story on humanizing emotions in your head or the story of a mother and a daughter who are more like friends. I can never even come up with something like a Pakistani girl lost in India or even a story of two vampire brothers in love with the same girl. I suck at stories. 

So that's exactly what I will do. Although my last project of one post every day fell short of ,I guess eight days, I declare a new project -- now that the office project is in production and I have just one unresolved "issue" to deal with.  The blog project will be called the sucky story series. I will come up with stories. I will try to keep them good but mostly I will go with the flow. So they are bound to be sucky and stupid. But for the next 30 days (that's what I will at least try) I will write one story which may be bad, worse or not even reading worthy. But who knows -- in between , I my have a break through , or maybe not -- but at least this blog will spring back to life. The timing is right too. It's the first day of August tomorrow and a Saturday. I am supposed to go to a blogger's meet from Flipkart and IndieBlogger in the first half and meet in a relative in the second. But I will squeeze time for my story. I may not be a super woman but I can do some squeezing of time  -- Let's see what happens next!







1 comment:

Friends Forever said...

A writer I guess should not worry about the reader. Writer must write. Readers may hate your work, they may love too but an author must keep writing its heart out.

Waiting for your stories, all the best.