Monday, July 22, 2013

I hugged MS Dhoni (Dream Watcher series 1)

... in my dream!

They are the best source of entertainment, in every sense. When people say "Nothing is impossible", a dream is one place which actually proves that to you. Sometimes you are running on railway tracks to save your life from a man after you or you are talking to your best friend on a swing and you suddenly realize that the friend has vanished and you are now standing on an unknown beach. You even go prepare yourself for an interview with the Dalai Lama (Yes, I saw that too!!)

I have had some brilliant dreams. Unfortunately, like any lesser mortal, I forget them within the first half an hour of waking up. I even tried to maintain a dream journal, but could not be regular with it. Moreover, I was suffering from a fitful sleep just because I used to be too keen to record my dreams. But today, I woke up with a silly teenage smile on my face. In fact, I was smiling like a silly teenager in my dream too! Any girl would! I hugged MS Dhoni -- in front of the WHOLE SCHOOL!! Yes! That's what I dreamed of. Now that I think of it, it's as silly as silly can be. I was in my school and there was probably a foot ball match happening. MS was playing in it and for some reason he called me and told me that I will captain the next match. He was speaking to me like he already knew me. There was no question in my mind about that. See!! This is what I love about dreams. Logic is packed in a bundle and thrown off the red sea never to be seen or talked about again. That is such a huge relief for creative people. (or pseudo creative ones like me) Anyway back to the dream, this is the dialogue.

"You have to captain the next match." Said Dhoni, pulling me out of the crowd.
"What are you talking about? I don't do strategies and things. I will have no idea about this." I said with panic.
(a hint of logic here. I thankfully don't forget who I am)
"Don't say that! You are my last hope" (These would be dire conditions for him!)

By the way, while this discussion is happening, Dhoni and I are standing on a cemented raised platform, as thin as the divider of a road, and since its width is too less to keep our feet on, we have our hands around each other's waists. (I have the same silly teenage smile on my face as I write this)

Then, when he convinces me to captain the team, I put my other hand around him and give him a hug. Now all this is happening with all the girls of my school watching us and probably fuming with envy. (Ha!) In fact I say this to Dhoni.

"Do you realize all the Carmelites would be jealous of me right now?" I said with a smile. And then with that famous sly yet naughty, sweet, childish smile that Dhoni has, he says. "Oh yes, I think so!"

This part ends here. But the dream does not. I go back with a song on my lips and spring in my feet to I don't know where. It was not home. It cannot be a hostel because our school did not have one (Although, there was no cemented divider in our school where Dhoni and I were standing,if you think about it!! ). But where ever I am, I am now informed that I am supposed to go to Dubai for a good 3-4 months/years. (Not sure) Unfortunately, I piss off another girl now who was waiting for this Dubai opportunity since a very long time.

So I don't know Dhoni! I have never even seen him, let alone hugging him. I know about Football as much as Dhoni knows about Datawarehousing and ETL. I am not going to Dubai! I make no one jealous! But for a few minutes in my sleep, I did all of that. If nothing else, I got a reason to be happy about. Not bad eh?

Let there be lots of love in the world! Dream on!!

No comments: