Friday, July 13, 2012

Out in the rains ...

Its raining here. I hope its raining where ever you are. So that we can share the same shower of nature.So that we can share the same feelings.It has been ages we have done that. It has been ages we have shared anything. Except for the bitterness and the occasional silences ofcourse. We decided to go on our seperate ways. But, I could never undertstand,why do two people come together when they ultimately have to part ways?
We could never settle our disagreements. Could we? Probably we were both equally strong headed. We were too much alike to have stayed together. But we were also alike in our choices.
Remember our long discussions over those books we used to read? Or our appreciation over Pablo Neruda's Love Sonnets? "Tonight I can write the saddest lines". How we used to love eating out and experimenting new cuisines! I still remember the look on our faces when we ordered "the sizzling rice in tomato sauce" just for the kicks and vowed never to experiment again. How we ran like 2 naughty school kids after that. It was raining that day also. Just like today. And that day we did not share just the rain and sweet smell of the earth. We shared the same love in our hearts and the same look in our eyes. The same promises on our lips.
They say, promises are meant to be broken. Do they say it right? Well!! Atleast we didnt mean to break our promises. Mine is still intact.
I don't know in which part of the world are you. But I know that you have, with you, a small piece of me. I gave it to you on that rainy day.I hope you have thrown it away leaving it to die some where in the lashing rains. Because thats how it feels. I feel dead without you.


Addendum : This is just a piece of writing. All Fiction :)

4 comments:

deeptesh said...

Nice one !:)

Unknown said...

Well written Varsha.... I love the way you write and the topics you chose to write on. You are awesome !!

Unknown said...

Thank You Deeptesh!!

Varsha Fan : Thanks a lot ! So is the "Varsha" in "Varsha Fan" me??? :)

Unknown said...

Of Course !! an email ID exclusively created just for your blog !!