Saturday, May 29, 2010

No pain, no compliments

Seriously! The pain girls go through to keep themselves prim and proper!! We get our eyebrows threaded and our body hair removed from the roots! We sit for hours with those sticky (and sometimes smelly) masks on. Although the end result is extremely and obviously worth it, but the process is nothing less than a torture. Especially for me, getting my eyebrows done is not less than a punishment. Now, the fact is that there is some nerve which connects our eyebrows and nose. So when the eyebrows get tweezed, I have this irritation in my nose and I sneeze. I am very popular in the parlour I go to because of this embarrassing habit of mine and the lady gives me a tissue even before she makes me sit! Infact, the day when I thankfully dont sneeze much, they are like "arey , aaj cheekein nahin aayee??" Then if you go for those tan removing facials, there are again those irritating face masks, which make you feel that there are thousand little needles being prickled on your face. Getting waxed again is an activity I hope I could give a miss to. I mean although it is not as painful as getting ur eyebrows done, but when that hot wax is applied on your skin, you sincerely wish that you lived in a society where body hair was acceptable!
Yes, I know that all these whatever parlour thingies make you look more elegant, lady like and beautiful, sometimes they become a task ...a task which has to be completed in any which way.
But i guess I should not be complaining. I mean if I have to take the pain , then I also get to take the compliments :)

No comments: