Thursday, April 19, 2012

Poor Rich People!

Trying to study on my laptop is a super bad idea. Its like the days in bhopal when I would "study" in front of the television which really was not studying. Anyway, I was checking some forgotten yet sweet songs on youtube whle studying, when I came across a song picturised on Parmeet Sethi. Now, the first thought that came in my mind was ...he is the definition of handsomeness (John! U know I love you :) ) But seriously, he was this fair handsome and tall guy and I was reminded of his entry in DDLJ. The chalta firta Punjab ka gabroo jawan! Unfortunately, he couldn't make his mark in the film industry. So my reaction was ... Poor Parmeet Sethi. That in turn reminded me of two more people whom I really feel bad for.

The first one is Abhishek Bachchan. Now people might quip that he was born with an entire silver cutlery in his mouth, but he is still fighting for a foothold in the industry. Honestly, I donot find him a bad actor. On the contrary, he is quite decent. Agreed, he might not be a great actor, but then he has proved himself with Guru, Yuva and dostana. Ok, you cannot really count dostana because he was with John in the movie and we all agree that John still has a long way to go to hone his acting skills (I still love you John! :) ) But he is a pretty decent actor. Its just because of the super pressure on him that people dont really acknowledge his efforts. On that note, I truly agree when Ambika says, Sachin Tendulkar's son should never become a cricketer! As if this was not enough, Abhishek now has a mega successful wife. I would really bow down to him since he keeps his male ego aside and goes with Aishwarya to Cannes as a trophy husband (Not that he is much of a trophy but still ... ) Not many men can be proud of their wives' achievements and be open about it.
Somehow, whenever I see Abhishek Bachchan. I really feel bad for him.

The other guy I feel bad for is Vivek Oberoi. I do not know if Salman Khan had really given him 41 odd missed calls. I do not know if he was actually dating Aishwarya Rai...no actually the sentence should be --- I do not know if Aishwarya Rai was actually dating him or using him blah blah but I know that he is a live example of how everyone leaves you struggling in a mess when they find a danger for themselves. Now I consider myself somewhat an expert on the film industry. So this was my observation which is nothing ingenious however, but here goes: Mr.Oberoi was riding high on the success of just 2 movies. Sathiya and D. He took a huge/maha/mega/epic panga with Salman Khan ...who was and is still somehow one of the hugest names. Vivek oberoi did not lock horns with Salman Khan. He unfortunately locked horns with the entire film industry. An industry which thrives on box office collections will definitely support the man who gets them exactly that ---huge collections at the BO. Vivek Oberoi was cornered by everyone and he could never really come back. If you guys watch him in shoot out at lokhandwala, you would realise that he is an awesome actor ...but sadly , today he is an almost forgotten name.

Now reading the blog above, dont you think I have in me a vile film journalist somewhere, waiting to be woken up???I would love to be an inside informer of the film industry. Talking about the inside gossips, here are some of the points I really am curious about :

1) Why did Kareena and Shahid break up?
2) Was Salman Khan really an abusive boy friend?
3) Somehow, I feel Amitabh Bachchan would have been with Rekha , if he did not have the bachchan name to keep up with.


Anyway, I can go on and on about movies and gossips. I'll stop myself here and get back to what I was doing ...pretending to study!!

1 comment:

shankey said...

1 correction Varsha, other successful movie of Vivek Oberai was company and not D.. :) Anyways, nice work and keep studying like that.. :)